Leaking Karcher K2.335

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I have a Karcher K2.335 which is currently leaking from the unit where the detergent inlet tube attaches, as per the video attached.

It doesn’t seem to be too bad under mains water pressure, but as soon as the unit is turned on it is pushing high pressure water out of the seal/joint as circled with Figure 1. Also, I am not sure if this detergent inlet component is also the unloader value as an all-in-one component, as I can’t see a separate unloader.

Therefore, if it is the unloader, and what you see in the video is it releasing pressure as it is designed to do, what do you think maybe causing this? On the other hand, if this part is not meant to be releasing pressure what do you think could be the problem? I have replaced the o-ring indicated in figure 2 with a new one.

Just to add, I am very keen to resolve this myself being a mechanical engineer by trade, but apart from replacing the o-ring I am now unsure what to try next.

The photos are attached as usual, whereas the video can be found through the following onedrive link.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvleTp7WDuAS3gwRBUiD02v9BFDB

Some advice would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,
Jamie
Figure 1 - Leaking joint.jpg - Figure 1 - Leaking joint
Figure 2 - Replaced o-ring.jpg - Figure 2 - Replaced o-ring
Figure 3 - Top cap removed.jpg - Figure 3 - Top cap removed

Sponsored Links
Back