Levelling previous wetroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my new house there's a a tanked wetroom with 2 'runs' on it (2 different drains) we want to change into the living room. The vinyl is on top of marine ply. I'm looking for the easiest and most cost effective way to level it again.

I had itnitially thought tearing out/re-flooring might be best but somebody mentioned that the joists themselves may have had the runs planed into them (I'm thinking that would be fairly time consuming/expensive to rectify). They said that putting a screed over the tanking might be a better option. Is this possible?

I've flicked through the stickies and it seems the self-levelling compounds are pretty straight forward but it's quite a big room (7x4m), so I'm not sure if that'd make it trickier. What would the cost likely be for a pro to do it?

Sponsored Links
If the joists have been planed, and are still thick enough, it would not be difficult to add tapered strips to them to level the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back