• IMG_1774.jpeg
    IMG_1774.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1773.jpeg
    IMG_1773.jpeg
    320.1 KB · Views: 71
Sponsored Links
OP,
Why not contact BES for a "Tank lid for a 40 gal CWST" - also mention the shape & make of the tank.

I will be getting rid of my cold water storage tank but it's a round one. I think yours is rectangular but you haven't actually said.

I did look at the website and they didn't seem to show a FC60 model, I'm guessing it's pretty old.

And I'm not sure the lid will fit hrough the loft hatch.

And there would be the question of getting such an unwieldy thing to Middlesborough from Devon.

Not to mention the fact that I'm waiting and hoping to hear from the installer who has promisd to do the job (boiler replacement etc etc.) but isn't rushing to make arrangements.

Apart from all that I think we're in luck .....

Might not be able to get one (brand new at least) because of the age of it.

Sponsored Links
A clear case for conversion to a combi then ;)

Fellow contributor Bernard G would support the propsal without a moments doubt.

Best thing is to switch over to an unvented cylinder or a combi, depending on size of property and finances.

What ever. Start cleaning your teeth at the kitchen sink with cold water.
Never clean or drink from taps that's supplied by a CWST.

not a chance i'm afraid, absolutely hate combi's!
You could get an unvented cylinder as suggested, but seems a large expense if you’re happy with existing setup. If you really want a tight fitting lid (water regs) then buy a replacement cistern. If not persevere with what you have and maybe fashion a lid?

You could get an unvented cylinder as suggested, but seems a large expense if you’re happy with existing setup. If you really want a tight fitting lid (water regs) then buy a replacement cistern. If not persevere with what you have and maybe fashion a lid?
Totally agree. I always say to people look at the bigger picture and what are your plans.

Ie: no point fitting a shower pump if you plan on having a combi fitted in the coming summer.

I just didn't have a good constructive idea for a lid apart from a sheet of marine ply cut to size.

If not persevere with what you have and maybe fashion a lid?

You need something impervious to moisture, so it will not rot - which probably means plastic. I would suggest soffit board would serve that function OK...

https://www.eurocell.co.uk/fascia-and-soffits/soffit-boards 300mm x 5m, cheap as chips, and it fits together, like floorboards, with a tongue and grove. It would need a bit of timber on fixed on top, to hold it all together, using stainless steel screws.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back