Life expectancy of an electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me how long an electric shower should last? Ours is almost 7 years old and has started acting up. We've been told that it would be better to get a new one rather than get this one fixed. Is that correct? :confused:

Thanks

Anne

Sponsored Links
depends on:

water quality, amount of use. i think it has done well to last 7 years, average i would say is 5.

to make your life easier, if you can get same as you have now, no ne vable requiredm or altering of decoration etc

Ha! I tried that. Bought what looked the same as mine, subject to the vagaries of styling changes over the years, and when I went to fit it, nothing lined up. Could I use the same mounting holes in the wall? Could I ****.

Did any of the cable entry points line up with the place where the cable emerged from the wall? Did they *******.

Good luck, Anne....

Thanks for the help. We decided to buy a replacement shower of the same make and model. Fingers crossed :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Females of house rendered two electric showers defunct over three and a half years .... Four years ago raised tank in loft .. had Mira Excel gravity fed shower fitted (cold feed from loft tank) .... very hard water area ... Still delivers the goods, spares available from Manufacturer ... really pleased with this kit.

Sorry Electros but this wants some beating !!

P.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back