Live Polarity test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents
Got a question here asking me how i would test polarity with the system energised, dead test is ohmmeter what answer are they looking for here?

Sponsored Links
found the answer from scaddans book.

"When the supply is connected, it is important to check that the incoming supply is correct. This is done using an approved voltage indicator at the intake position or close to it"

yeh right

JackTheCat said:
found the answer from scaddans book.

"When the supply is connected, it is important to check that the incoming supply is correct. This is done using an approved voltage indicator at the intake position or close to it"

yeh right

And yeh, it does happen. There is a 50 50 chance in any domestic dwelling that the meter tails are the wrong way round, if it is a TNS system, it should always be checked. The REC does not!

BTW, Approved voltage indicator means FUSED test leads to relecent guidence note, ie 2mm exposed tips.etc.
Bit of a rant I know, but cost me a good multimeter when mate @borrowed it@ and stuck it accross the mains on continuity.......BANG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back