Looking for _quality_ taps like these (laundry taps?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a wall mounted mixer tap, where the main outlet can swivel against the wall, with a separate hand-held sprayer (with it's own trigger). This is to put in a utility sink and help with dog washing. (I already own the muddy dog, now I just need the appropriate tap).

This style of tap seems to be something that's more common in US, Australia, maybe mainland Europe. On the internet I can find taps like these:

... but I can't find anything like it from mainstream UK suppliers; and the ones I can find on amazon and the like seem to be from China, with possibly dodgy quality, per the reviews.

(At least in Australia they seem to be called "laundry taps". In the UK wall-mounted taps with a folding horizontal arm seem to be called "pot fillers" (designed to be fitted behind a stove top) - but they don't have the associated side spray. "Laundry tap" doesn't seem to find anything in the UK.)

Does anyone where I can find something like this from a reputable supplier in the UK? Or where to find a quality one from overseas (preferably Australia or Europe)?

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 71hRb0i2vDL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    71hRb0i2vDL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
1. Look them up on trustpilot and read the poor reviews.
2. Unless you have a combi boiler or and unvented hot water system I think it unlikely any tap with a spray attachment will work properly. Almost certainly won't if you have a traditional cold water storage cistern / vented hot water cylinder set up.
3. Does not state whether it is WRAS approved or not. If it isn't, you shouldn't be fitting it to a mains connection.

Sponsored Links
Thanks @oldbuffer. We are fitting an unvented hot water system, so some optimism there. Unfortunately it seems that this style is just not widely sold in the UK, so I don't think there'll be any tap of this kind with WRAS approval; that of itself doesn't mean it's unsuitable. (Happy of course if anyone can point me at one.) As for AbodeJungle - yes, it looks like they're just selling the same items from China, possibly with added interference (and cost). So my search continues! (but thanks @DAZB for looking.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back