Loose concealed fitting toilet seat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a toilet seat with concealed fittings that I need to tighten up. I can see the silver caps on the fitting will lift up but the bottom of the toilet seat prevents them flipping up. I've tried pressing the silver lugs each side, pressing and pulling the white recesses on the seat while lifting the seat but it hasn't released. I also tried pulling up on seat firmly but it feels like there are catches holding it in place.

I've read a number of similar posts on here and watched utube videos but none of the techniques in those has worked. If anyone could give me some pointers on how to release the seat so that I can remove the screw cap it would be much appreciated.

20240618_181933.jpg

Thanks
Martin

Sponsored Links
Is it a soft close seat?

Try the seat like you have in picture. In the open position. Then pull up.
Some soft close seats don't have buttons. You just open the seat and lift off

Hi Wayners,

Thanks for the reply, it is a soft close seat. I've just tried pulling it up with the seat open and also closed but it still won't release for some reason.

I also checked underneath the toilet but that has metal fitting which the threaded part from the seat above screw into. I was thinking it may of been tightened from underneath but that's not the case.

Martin

Don’t those steel discs/caps lift up and swivel to reveal the screw head?

Sponsored Links
Ok.
So you opened seat and held onto both the seat and lid and pulled up?
Try just the lid up although I don't think that will work.
It either has a button or if no button you open and pull up or it's designed not to come apart. Just screws on under pan.
I had one once I could not get off. Turned out the chrome covers where actually buttons. I didn't find out until I smashed it off with a hammer

3 types.

Or it unscrews under if you can get to it.

Or use hammer and buy a new one

Hi,

Thanks for everyone's assistance on this thread. To close this off and to help others in the future. I contacted the Manafacturer (R2 bathrooms) and they confirmed the seat releases by opening both the lid and seat, moving one side up and lifting the seat off.

It didn't release initially but I put some WD40 on the metal pins and left it for a few hours. I could then lift the seat off as R2 Tech support mentioned.

Thanks
Martin

Thanks for the update. I am surprised that the WD40 made a difference though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back