Low voltage lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I buy a set of 3 l/v lamps and dimmable transformer, am I fixed to the lengths of the connecting cables supplied or can I extend them ? what is the ave length of cable between lamps ? I need one over old hallway, one by kitchen door and one under staircase over where I'm trying to see the keyboard right now !! This is the long one !!
From old hall light fitting to L1=1m, L2=3m, L3=5m. L3 is not 5m away from L2 more like 3/4m, but I don't want to rip out half the house to get it there ! I want to go through wall into the built in outhouse, turn right, turn right, back in and down, this will keep me in line with the supporting beams!!!

Sponsored Links
why not get eyeball (mains lamps) . Low voltage lamps are ok, but are very directional, may not give enough light, i have 4 sittting above me now (2 pointing in my direction)

Or you could use mains voltage halogen recessed lights (£15 for 3 in B&Q)....not too bad either, I've just put 13 in my kitchen....no need for transformers...but I do believe the replacement lamps are expensive...

GZ_015.jpg

il78 said:
Or you could use mains voltage halogen recessed lights (£15 for 3 in B&Q)....not too bad either, I've just put 13 in my kitchen....
That sounds a better option, :idea: hmm £15 for three, you've got 13, that means you have 2 spare ? ;) :idea:

Sponsored Links
Or 5 for £22 x2 and a packet of 3 (sounds promising) :D

il78 said:
Or 5 for £22 x2 and a packet of 3 (sounds promising) :D
I'll go for the pack of 3, should last 'til Xmas seeing as I'm on here all the time !! :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back