LVT flooring and kitchen cabinets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're in the middle of a kitchen refurb, LVT flooring arrived this week and kitchen cabinets coming next week.

My partner and I are in disagreement about having the kitchen cabinets sitting on top of the flooring, I'm against the idea as it explicitly states the LVT is a floating floor that will expand/shrink so having the kitchen cabinets on top is a bad idea (This is stated in the installation instructions)

My partner wants the flooring throughout because she hates the idea of having bare concrete behind the plinth, she's worried that dust/dirt will be hidden underneath.

I'm trying to find a solution that keeps everyone happy, I was debating using some cheap boards under the kitchen cabinets that can't be seen, with holes cut out for the legs so they sit on the concrete base.

Sponsored Links
Ask your parnter how often she will take off the plinths and clean behind them.

Normally you tile wall to wall, but LVT upto the base unit legs, then flooring, then plinths.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back