Magnetic or electric ballast?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, please can anyone tell me if I have a magnetic ballast or electric? Bulb I have bought only works with magnetic.

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6277.jpeg
    IMG_6277.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 49
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As far as I remember you can different rated led replacement lamps ( 6, 12 and 18W ) for those fittings. If it is too bright you probably just need the lower rated one.
Not quite as simple. Note when buying replacement 2D lamps, some have 2 pins and some have 4 pin..
IIRC the The 4 pin LED 2D lamps use the electronic control gear whereas the 2 pin LED 2D lamps, like yours, use a magnetic control ballast.
The ballast is matched to the lamp wattage. The tridonic ballast in the photo states the lamp wattage.

Not quite as simple. Note when buying replacement 2D lamps, some have 2 pins and some have 4 pin..
IIRC the The 4 pin LED 2D lamps use the electronic control gear whereas the 2 pin LED 2D lamps, like yours, use a magnetic control ballast.
The ballast is matched to the lamp wattage. The tridonic ballast in the photo states the lamp wattage.
It shouldn't cause a problem putting a lower wattage than she is using sucessfully, would it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back