Making a shed with acrylic panels

eqa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to build a shed somewhere where I don't want to ruin the view. So considering making it of acrylic panels 2mm. Can I just put up a frame and screw on the acrylic panels as walls? 8x4.

Sponsored Links
Need to build a shed somewhere where I don't want to ruin the view. So considering making it of acrylic panels 2mm. Can I just put up a frame and screw on the acrylic panels as walls? 8x4.
Makes no sense , unless you plan not to put anything in your see thru shed?

Thanks. Don't want to ruin the garden view of a window it's near. And now that you mentioned it, there is stuff inside to display too.

My question is really about stability. Can I have a frame (of 2x4s? Or less) and screw in 4ftx4ft 2mm acrylic panels as walls? Thinner panels Pent roof of same material? 8x4 shed dimension.

More generally, can I screw in most plastic materials (suggestions welcome) as walls on a wood frame?

Fan based forced ventilation will be in operation, if it helps.

Makes no sense , unless you plan not to put anything in your see thru shed?
Thanks. Don't want to ruin the garden view of a window it's near. And now that you mentioned it, there is stuff inside to display too.

My question is really about stability. Can I have a frame (of 2x4s? Or less) and screw in 4ftx4ft 2mm acrylic panels as walls? Thinner panels Pent roof of same material? 8x4 shed dimension.

More generally, can I screw in most plastic materials (suggestions welcome) as walls on a wood frame?

Fan based forced ventilation will be in operation, if it helps

Sponsored Links
in general
i would not screw polycarbonate you need a slotted system to contain and cover the edge and provide a waterproof edge as in not a structural component other than with correct edging will fill a space

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back