Mastic or Cement on Pre Cast Concrete gaps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've got one of the old pre case panel type garage that lets in water through the slight gaps between the bottom of the panels and the floor base however this is only on one end and this is because the garden at that end is higher than the join by about a foot so when it rains the water in the ground then comes in. There is also a slabbed area on the outside of that end of the garage with a greenhouse on so i don't want to have to remove the greenhouse and slabs and then dig up the garden to put any sealant or fillets on the outside and then put everything back so I'm looking to just put some type of sealant on the inside joins of the panels but am i better of just using a few tubes of mastic for this or putting down a fillet of cement ?
I can see the mastic being easier as i can shoot it into the gaps (they're not wider than about 5mm) but not sure about how well it will bind itself to the smooth concrete edges whereas i could put a fillet of cement on the inside but then not sure how well that would hold the water back ?
Anyone done either of these and had good results ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back