MDF panelling touching hot water pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’m decorating my downstairs toilet and looking to put some MDF panelling in, but I have hot water pipes from the sink running along the wall. Is it okay for the panelling to touch the pipes or do I need to leave a bit of space, and if so, how much? Would it be a fire hazard? It’s only really used for guests so there’s never really a lot of hot water running through the pipe, only for people washing their hands and a bit of handwashing clothes.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
For peace of mind, leave some kind of gap - if only to reduce the chance of pipe damage if someone hangs a picture or something.

Hi, I’m decorating my downstairs toilet and looking to put some MDF panelling in, but I have hot water pipes from the sink running along the wall. Is it okay for the panelling to touch the pipes or do I need to leave a bit of space, and if so, how much? Would it be a fire hazard? It’s only really used for guests so there’s never really a lot of hot water running through the pipe, only for people washing their hands and a bit of handwashing clothes.

Thanks!
No gap required , hot water pipes don’t reach temp required to scorch wood .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back