Mira Sport Shower: cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Im after a little help...

I have a Mira Sport shower with Airboost, I installed it myself replacing an old electric shower which is fed from a single cold water feed. It hasn't had time to build up limescale yet so I know thats not the issue and I dont think its water pressure as my old shower never cut out once.

The problem is only when my wife uses it to wash her hair, she will kneel down over the bath and take the shower head down into the bottom of the bath (so the hose is directly down from the unit) and after a few minutes it cuts off. This happens sometimes when the shower head is upright and in the wall mounted bracket if its been running for a long time.

I need some help as I get shouted at every time it happens by a wet haired banshee!!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That looks like a earth leakage problem since the RCD trips, it could be coincidental that some other device might be causing the trip if its protected by the same RCD, sometimes the shower is fed directly from the CU via a RCBO, a combined earth leakage and over current trip, if so then the problem is definitely with the shower. A build up of condensation ("steam") in the bathroom might but but shouldn't cause a trip.

Sponsored Links
The shower is on its own RCD on the board and there aren't any power points in the bathroom just a light on a separate RCD. So looks like I will have to get a spark out to look at it then .

I know that the pumped Mira shower (used to be called the Mira Quiet here I think) had a persistent poblem with a plastic elbow that used to crack and cause a leak inside the shower, maybe worth removing the cover for a look inside yours and look for any signs of water leakage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back