Mira Vision digital shower noisy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My digital shower has become ridiculously noisy. I was thinking pump brushes or bearings but, having opened the unit up, the bushes look ok and the noise may possibly be coming from the right of the pump instead.
Any ideas what this part is?
Could this be a blocked filter issue?
If so, how do I go about removing and cleaning / replacing the filters? I can't seem to find anything online or on Youtube. All it says is; "contact an engineer", which isn't really much help to a capable DIYer.
Thanks.
Edit:
I've removed the inlet cartridge filters. Both were fine, no blockages or residue etc. It is still making the noise.

Attachments

• 20240719_131505.jpg
    20240719_131505.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
For starters I'd remove the flex and replace with a static copper pipe.

This may course restrictions. Maybe the rubber wall has clasped

Check the shower hose. If it's old and knackered then get a new one.

Sponsored Links
The rest of it- the digital mixer valve/pump - isn't serviceable and can only be replaced as 2 separate units, at a fair price
Is the mixer valve assembly, a mechanical part? Would this cause lots of loud noise?
I'm thinking that perhaps it is the pump itself.

The mixer valve is like a diverter - there's a motor that controls that but it only moves when it needs to change the water mix. The pump or impeller housing is constantly spinning so would normally generate the most noise and if the noise is only apparent when the pump is running then chances are it'll be either the pump or impeller bearings. Again unfortunately non-serviceable.

If you want to check if it a bearing, use a sounding stick. Get a wooden spoon or similar non conductive item, place one end on the casing and the other on your ear, move the end on the casing until the noise is loudest. A bearing noise is very distinctive rumbling/grinding noise.

Best part of £100 to replace.

The mixer valve is like a diverter - there's a motor that controls that but it only moves when it needs to change the water mix. The pump or impeller housing is constantly spinning so would normally generate the most noise and if the noise is only apparent when the pump is running then chances are it'll be either the pump or impeller bearings. Again unfortunately non-serviceable.

If you want to check if it a bearing, use a sounding stick. Get a wooden spoon or similar non conductive item, place one end on the casing and the other on your ear, move the end on the casing until the noise is loudest. A bearing noise is very distinctive rumbling/grinding noise.

Best part of £100 to replace.
That's brilliant. Many thanks.

Update:
Bought a new pump, £104 (new shower was £800 odd). Took 15mins to fit, literally. All's good.
Thanks everyone for the help, advice and providing me the confidence to spend rather than bin it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back