Mixer Shower Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, ive just purchased a mixer shower from ebay and after looking thru the box i'm a bit puzzled as to how i'm expected to actually mount it to the wall...

The wall i plan to mount the shower to is a tiled solid brick wall, at the foot of the bath. My plan was to bore two 15mm holes at floor level and run the two water pipes thru the wall into the cupboard on the other side, then up the cupboard wall and back thru the wall to hook up to the shower itself. The wall is fully tiled so this would save me having to replace any tiles, and i dont particularly mind two pipes running up the wall inside the cupboard!

The shower seems to come equipped with the fittings to attach it to the water pipes, but nothing appears to attach it to the wall...

I can only presume the idea is that the water pipes running thru the solid wall are intended to hold the shower unit up? but i cant understand what holds the shower against the wall. Surely if i pull on it, it will just yank the pipes thru?

Ideas would be much appreciated!

Kevin

Sponsored Links
Ok so ive had a look around and come up with this:

http://www.toolstation.com/images/library/stock/webbig/27249.jpg

It looks like it will do the job, ie Bolt that to the tiled wall, then attach the water pipes to the rear of it and screw the shower on the front...

Can anyone tell me what kinda connections are on the back of this plate, and what i will need to connect to it?
I will be using JGPushfit connections for the water pipework itself...

Its made by a company called Swirl, and is a thermostatic bar mixer.

The instruction booklet says it has 150mm pipe centres, the same as the plate i linked to from tool station...

Sponsored Links
these look better than them wall plates.

prd4370ca132d2f11.jpg

yeh they do!

Any ideas where i can get them from?

Also whats going on with the olive and the little fitting between the wall and the shower?

Cheers

most descent bathroom/shower stores do them.
triton do them you can order them.

mark out your 150mm centre.
drill two holes for you pipework through the wall
then you can align you back plate to the wall and mark the screw holes.
drill/plug the screw hole
mount the back plate
then slip the olive over the pipe
fit the threaded section and tighten like you would a compression fitting, now your plate is secured to the wall and your pipework won't pull out the back.
then fit the shroud then the mixer.

cool i see that now.

I've tried screwfix and toolstation online and cant see that fitting though. Screwfix has something similar by triton but they're £50 which seems excessive...

Any other suppliers you can suggest?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back