Mould in bathroom issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have an issue with this mould appearing on my bathroom

unfortunately my regular builder is no longer around so i need to do something myself for a change!

can anybody kindly please give me some tips on what is required to stop this black stuff keep appearing???

i have a small window which i always open and a fan (above shower) which comes on with the light.

there is even some mould to the right of the sink tap if u can spot on the last pic!

Sponsored Links
Is the fan fitted with a timer? It should be! It is also too near the shower head, unless it is a 12v type.

Also, give the bath/shower a wipe around every time it is used.

Andy

hi andy no timer - but the light is left on a while after the shower therefore the fan too.....

its not given a wipe always running late for work lol but can try do that on weekends atleast!

i actually dont use the electrical shower anymore anyway - the water supply in my area isnt great - i prefer to use the tap shower head instead and just use the higher stand :)

is it just a condensation issue tho?

im just wonder if it was anything else

for example are those little white curved edging tiles he has used the problem...or the silicon he used etc etc etc

Sponsored Links
Make sure you are using a bleach based cleaner for the bathroom (I use the white cilit bang).

We kept getting this in our flate until we switched to bleach.

i have a small window which i always open and a fan (above shower) which comes on with the light
If you use the fan with the window open, the air will come in the window and out of the fan, with most of the air in the room never moving.

There should be a gap under the door so that air will enter there and travel across the room and out of the fan, window being closed while the fan is in use.

Bathroom needs a permanent open vent as well as a fan that runs with every use [not just when the light is needed] only adequate ventilation will keep the air containing the spores moving so they don't settle on the surfaces.
No area of the bath should have bottles , sponges etc left in place for days as this also prevents air movement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back