Moving Home - Alarm System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I self installed a G2-12 system about 10 years ago when moved into house, its been absolutely flawless and no issues with both wired and wireless devices,
I'm moving home which again property doesnt have an alarm system so will be looking to install.
Currently, I have the G2 with LCE ethernet module and use the VirtualKP app to remote in , receive alerts etc.
However, in instances this week when western power took the power down which obviously includes the internet, i still have the old phone analogue line connected so was able to get AC + - alerts through text.
Moving to the new property I'm looking to do dual path but without DUALCOM.
Am i right that if i purchase a Flex Panel, with both ethernet and GSM modules and then buy a small data SIM card, i'll be able to remotely access the panel to set/unset etc through both VirtualKP or the full honewell GX App , and then should i be able to receive alerts on Power loss through SIM backup if ethernet route is unable to contact internet?
If could be clarified then will know what need to purchase this time round for new house.
thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes, the gsm/gprs module will work and alert through a power outage. I would just use Ethernet and then have the GSM SMS as a backup if the Ethernet path goes down. You can control the Flex panel via SMS too.

If you do want to use a data SIM, including connecting the app back to the panel in a power outage, you need a fixed IP SIM card which can be expensive.

I have Flex panels and GSM/GPRS modules available. PM me if interested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back