Navien and hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just moved in to a property and it has a new navien boiler, with a smart plus thermostat.
However I use hive,
Did anyone know how to wire up there hive receiver please,
Tried to Google it but couldn't find anything
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Navien have made more than one boiler, can you elaborate on the system if you want some help? Eg, is it a Combi boiler, system boiler, heat only, do you have multiple zones?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
@muggles makes a valid point. However, if this doesn’t bother you, then piggyback the L N E and bring down the switching wires to 1 and 3. Decommission the smart thermostat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can the nexian need used with Google and Alexa

Thanks I'll just use the smart thermostat and the app,
Tried to set the app up and for Love nor money it won't pick my wifi up, it's a Google WiFi I use so has 2.4ghz
It connects to the smart plus in Internet fine, but when it comes to searching for wifi it just won't pick anything up, the WiFi is quite near the receiver so that isn't an issue
Any ideas pls
And can the navien app work with Google and Alexa?

Turns out Google WiFi can't separate 2.4 & 5 as the apps etc should just be able to connect to there correct ghz as required

Wpa2 as standard
This may be something to try:

Screenshot_20230502-211312_Chrome.jpg

But, it may take some playing about with and there is no guarantee that it will work.

It's considered good practice by some, to keep all the IoT devices sandboxed within their own SSID; keeping any vulnerabilities away from the home network.
I guess Google doesn't see it that way!
:unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back