Navien boiler - won't work with open vented system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a new Navien system boiler installed to replace a very tired Worcster.
The existing system is open vented, but the Navien requires 1bar min to operate it says. When we specc'd the boiler, nowhere did it say that the system boiler (NCB-33LHWE) was not suitable for an open vented system. So, commissioning has ground to a halt.
Navien tech support were not very helpful, and suggested that this low pressure parameter could not be changed on this model, only on certain Combi models. That statement does not ring true with me.
Anyway, we have 0.4 bar pressure in the boiler. Does anyone know how to change the low pressure parameter? The book does not even mention it.
If we can't make that adjustment, then it looks like I'll have to go back to Navien to return the boiler and get a combi instead, or change the hot water cylinder. Bit of a nightmare either way as I have tenants moving on in 2 weeks! Any advice please?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back