Neff Vented Hob - 'In island'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am having a Neff Vented Hob 'IN island' fitted later on in Nov. Currently going into a new extension. Neff supply the kit down to the floor. Currently the floor is at a piled foundation lever and I need to come up around 250mm with around 100 / 150mm Celetex then screed (builder is doing this)

I want to vent the oven myself as every extra job seems to cost around a 'grand' extra on the bill.

I am however finding it hard for any 'how to' online as most people opt for the filter option to save digging the floor up but as I currently don't have a floor it seems like the obvious thing to do ?

From what I can see I need to build a small wall in the floor where my hob will be then from there run a 100mm diam pipe to the external wall and pop a vent on the end. Then I guess the celotext and screen will be just filled in over the top?

>Do I need to worry about back draft, can I source a one way grill to go on the wall?
>I wont have a heated floor, do i need to worry about a cold strip where the pipe will be?
>Do I need any kind of support frame around the 100mm diam tube? would i crush over the weight of screed?

Any help appreciate. Thanks

Sponsored Links
No idea about this but would just say if you are doing it from new, run a 150mm diam pipe if you can. I fitted a new wall extractor in my kitchen this year and had to make a new hole in the wall. I went from100 to 150 and the difference was unbelievable. Fan works better and a lot quieter.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back