Neighbour wants to put Scaffolding on my driveway (No PWA) (Ed.)

Sponsored Links
Just say no and in addition he does not have your permission to put anything in your air space

Then negotiate from there

Sponsored Links
If he is building right up to the boundary, is he going to have gutters that overhang the boundary?

Yes - the gutters overhang is an issue but apart from that -- just let him put the scaffold up. Sounds like you two have issues in the past why make it worse and permanent - show an olive branch.

worth a note
if you are like me [70] fully active but ageing,and 100% independent the very people that are peeing you off because you are possibly stubborn may become the most helpful people in the future when you need a neighbour for little things you struggle with unless off course you pee them off
;)

worth a note
if you are like me [70] fully active but ageing,and 100% independent the very people that are peeing you off because you are possibly stubborn may become the most helpful people in the future when you need a neighbour for little things you struggle with unless off course you pee them off
;)
Those sort of neighbours seem to be like hens teeth these days

Have you tried discussing this with your neighbor? Although he should have talked to you.

The OP just made a none statement, nothing about objecting in it, why is everyone assuming there is a problem. OP needs to be a bit more descriptive.

The OP just made a none statement, nothing about objecting in it, why is everyone assuming there is a problem. OP needs to be a bit more descriptive.
A post about it indicates that there is a problem ..... and such a long post, a serious problem

Just for info, the OP was originally quite descriptive, but then edited their post back to a single word this morning.
Yes it was a very long post but it seems after reading the reply's saying just let them put the scaffold up and be a nice neighbour he has deleted his post. Maybe he did not like the replys.
It maybe unfair of us to judge as we do not know the history between the two neighbours - clearly there is some.
I had some building work and needed scaffold in the neighbours back garden just the other side of the fence - thankfully we get on OK.

Just for info, the OP was originally quite descriptive, but then edited their post back to a single word this morning.
Maybe an interesting side note?
If you are using Chrome browser, typing in "cache:" before the web address will often bring up a version of the webpage when Googles servers first cached the page...
The OP still exists in the ether!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back