new DB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how can i cut power 2 the DB to replace it?

Sponsored Links
someone is going to have to pull the service fuse

technically you are supposed to get the rec to do it but in reality this is usually both expensive and impractical (or sometimes even impossible when everyone starts to pass the buck)

most electricians i know jup pull it themselves but this is not generally reccomended for diyers

if you are going to do it yourself bear in mind the following points
1: there may be exposed live parts during and after pulling so take care to only touch plastic parts

2: make sure there is no current flowing by turning off the main switch first to prevent arcing

plugwash said:
technically you are supposed to get the rec to do it but in reality this is usually both expensive and impractical (or sometimes even impossible when everyone starts to pass the buck)

We should also point out that strictly speaking, it is an offence for anyone other than persons working for the regional electricity board to break their seals.

--
Michael

andrew2022 said:

I would suggest that since you do not know, you may also not be qualified to do the job in the first place :cry:

Also if it is a db that would imply its in a commercial premises, which deffinently means electrician required

Sponsored Links
andrew2022 said:
What sort of DB is it?

DB5? DB6?

Whatever, just leave it alone, and sooner or later it will run out of petrol and you can replace it.

actually all i wanted 2 kno was how 2 get the power off. also, i do have plenty of experience in electrical, just most DB's av changed either had a key cred (just drained the power til it switch off), or already had a breaker between the fuse and DB

Does this guy mean he wants to change a CU and usually the ones he works on have either an iso or a credit meter, so he either switches off or runs down the crdit to "turn off"?

Looks that way.

Running down the credit sounds pretty inconvenient for the poor consumer..

ban-all-sheds said:
Looks that way.

Running down the credit sounds pretty inconvenient for the poor consumer..
actually the house was bein renovated and was only gettin toped up when needed. we just waitin til the cred had ran owt then changed it over

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back