New Halogen light fitting not workng!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help me?
I've just fitted a posh new Halogen light fitting in my bedroom, it has eight very small halogen lights around each other and fitted fine and it worked staight away.The day after I turned it on and it blew and tripped the switch.I turned the switch back on and all the house lights came back on except the new light.I was told it was probably because I have a dimmer switch fitted which which was of the wrong rating.I have since changed the dimmer to a normal light switch and the light still does not work.
Can anyone shed some light as to why this is?

Sponsored Links
If the new posh halogen light unit is rated at 12v and has a transformer you may well have blown that as well.

Cheers, I thought it might be something to do with the transformer.
Would that mean a new transformer then?

Sponsored Links
Cheers, I thought it might be something to do with the transformer.
Would that mean a new transformer then?
I suppose you could take the lights back and say they didn't work. ;)

But yes a new transformer would be needed if it has gone bust. You will need to make sure the new one matches the old one for the wattage range.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back