New Induction Hob and Double Oven is 45amp circuit enough?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Need some urgent advice.

I have a 45amp circuit which was used for a single oven and a old style hotplate hob. I am replacing it with an Induction hob rate max 7200w and a double oven rated max 4000w, with my calculation that takes max ampage to around 46amps, which is above the 45amp circuit I currently have. So do I need to bring in a second circuit or will the 45amp be fine.

Also if I use the 45amp Circuit I will need to split the feed to the hob and the oven, should I just use a junction box and if so what rating, as it currently has a 30amp junction box which did concern me.

Any advice would be appreciated as I currently have no Kitchen as I ripped it out this morning.

Thanks

Rob

Sponsored Links
At 230V I make that a tad short of 49 Amps. Remember, that is the load that will be drawn when absolutely every part of the installation is drawing max power. Apart from a big Christmas dinner, that's not likely to happen that often, so you could get away with connecting the 2 to the existing circuit

But, you say a "45 Amp circuit". You need to be a bit more explicit to get full advice. What size cable has been used and how far is it from the CU? [/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back