New router. 1 day old. Should it be like this;

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
See pic. Just bout a new trend router yesterday and was using it on a router table. Removed it and this part has came apart. Whenever I put it on and go to use it, it's still coming off and spring showing ..

Is there something I'm doing wrong for this to happen or is it a faulty item.

Ive owned a different makes of routers and never had this happen before. Don't want to be returning it to where I purchased it in case it's something simple needs adjusting.

IMG_20240606_145028750_HDR.jpg

Sponsored Links
I've just looked at the Exploded Drawing for this model router and you need to be returning it for a replacement, but don't tell them you put it in a router table, just in case.

I'd put it back in the box and take it back to where you bought it from. There is something seriously wrong with the machine.

It's also very dusty - just how many hours did you use it for? I'm not sure to say I hope it was dusty or it wasn't dusty when when you unboxed it! The C&N machine I've just passed on after a couple of years of use was no where near as dusty.

Seems perfectly plausible for a brand new machine to get that dusty after just a few minutes of use.

Sponsored Links
I'd put it back in the box and take it back to where you bought it from. There is something seriously wrong with the machine.

It's also very dusty - just how many hours did you use it for? I'm not sure to say I hope it was dusty or it wasn't dusty when when you unboxed it! The C&N machine I've just passed on after a couple of years of use was no where near as dusty.

MDF boards are very dusty. Only used a few hours

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back