new shed

spx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there, I am going to build a shed at the bottom of my gardern out of blocks. I was going to build upon an existing concrete base which is about 6" thick.

A mate of mine advised that it would be ok to set new foundations on top of the old base and use shuttering to hold it together until they dry.

Someone else has told me I need to break up the old base but I've checked what was underneath with the previos owners and they've said that I wouln't be able to dig fondations as the base is built on a lot of old stone and rock.

Any advise on what would be the best and why as I'm bl**dy confused! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
spx said:
A mate of mine advised that it would be ok to set new foundations on top of the old base and use shuttering to hold it together until they dry.
Your mate is right !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back