no heating from my potterton 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks...firstly are these boilers any good???? i seem to have had endless problems, anyway my hot water is fine but no heating
whatsoever...it stopped working a few days ago, a little tap on the front got it going again so i thought it must be somthing loose in there ( cant find anything) now there is not even a click or a squeak from the thing when the ch is put on
ive changed the room thermostat, put a meter over various conections ( that seemed to be saying the chswitch was faulty.... its not.
I have had a lot of building work and dust everywhere a couple of months ago but the boiler has been working fine. any new places to look would be appriciated
cheers guy

Sponsored Links
Potterton 80`s are even better than the pumas. I can’t think of any boilers that have earned me more money. Pcbs burn out as do the gasvalves, the pump and the diverter valve. Your best bet is to get a new boiler unless you fancy paying half on your plumbers new porshe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back