Noisy Vogue max 32kW combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Noisy Vogue Max 32kW Boiler

Hi all,

I have an ideal vogue max 32kW combi boiler.

When ever the diverter valve is in the DHW position and hot water is requested I can hear a constant humming noise throughout the house. The humming noise stops when pump over run stops. Note that the boiler is in the garage.

I have tried flowing water through the plate heat exchanger with the boiler off and no noise is present.

I have ran the vent and pump system and the noise is there when diverter is in DHW mode. The noise is not there when the diverter valve is in the CH position.

This is leading me to think problem is something to do with the CH side of the plate heat exchanger.

Does anyone know anything about this type of thing and can offer any advice please ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you a by pass on the heating ? Are all the rad valves closed ?
Hi, sorry for the tardy reply, the rad valves are all full as is their lock shield counterparts.

Not sure what you mean by bypass. My understanding was that the boiler has one by default.

Sponsored Links
Guys does anyone have any advice ? I don’t know what to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back