nutty boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please could someone help me as the boiler in my house is going crazy it sending me mad banging hissing and the tank in the loft is hot but was just over half full is this correct i have ventedthe radiators not much from them i think it is just knowing how much water is supposed to be in the expansion tank if that what its called much appreciated for any help :(

Sponsored Links
our plumbers / heating engineers will want more information.

what make / model is boiler

when did it start

have you changed ANYTHING

anything else you care to add, no matter how insignificant

mark1 said:
please could someone help me as the boiler in my house is going crazy it sending me mad banging hissing and the tank in the loft is hot but was just over half full is this correct i have ventedthe radiators not much from them i think it is just knowing how much water is supposed to be in the expansion tank if that what its called much appreciated for any help :(

cheers breezer for you swift reply sorry its not the boiler its the tank on the landing and the expansion tank pipes that are making the noise i have filled the expansion tank so the ball cock is level

sorry its the water tank and the pipes to the expansion tank in the loft that are spluttering and banging the expansion tank in the loft is hot this started about 2 weeks ago

Sponsored Links
What sort of boiler is it....Are the radiators heating up...is there any water coming from overflow pipes on the outside?

cheers will the boiler is an sterad ideal classic rs 40 the radiators are very hot and yes water is over flowing out side cheers

If the upstairs rads are V.Hot and the downstairs are not then the pump is at fault. If all are hot then the themostat is at fault not closing the boiler down.

is the water in the tank in the loft actually boiling and how many (if any) motorized valves do you have?. It could be a knackered boiler thermostat and no bypass

cheers oillski the water tank in the loft is not boiling but hot if it is the thurmostat that is knackered then how much are we looking at to get this problem fixed i am sure i don't have any mechenised valves cheers for your help:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back