oil prices.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is one of my pet subjects but it is something that will affect us all - drastically.

Read the link from the BBC from just a year ago - they are talking about oil at $40 per barrel as if it's something terrible. Yesterday it hit $74 per barrel.
It isn't going to stop there either.
Take a look at the site below it. Read the first page and weep.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3777413.stm

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

joe

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Nothing will save us this time. We have the laws of science against us.

In 2001 the price of oil was $20 per barrel. In 2005 it was $40 per barrel. In 2006 it is (it's gone up $4 today) $78 per barrel.

If it were to double in price again - then an oil economy (ie the West) would collapse.

It's just a matter of time. The dominos are already falling.

It's back to the stone age for us.

joe

joe-90 said:
It's back to the stone age for us.
I think I know what you mean, but do you actually believe this, or are you just trying to shock people into replying?

joe-90 said:
I wish I didn't believe it. I wish someone would come along and prove it wrong - but who can argue with what is happening?
Well, I agree that globalised violence is generally on the increase, but the Stone Age? Really?

I'll give it a go are you ready

LOOK INTO MY EYES LOOK INTO MY EYES YOU ARE WRONG WRONG WRONG.

PS

Yet again you could be right. ;)

Softus said:
joe-90 said:
I wish I didn't believe it. I wish someone would come along and prove it wrong - but who can argue with what is happening?
Well, I agree that globalised violence is generally on the increase, but the Stone Age? Really?

Well maybe not that far - but we are heading into a world that is far different than the one we currently have. It will be a depression that never ends.

joe

happy days are here again, happy days are here again! (all together now!) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back