One cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one cold rad downstairs, all others are fine. The rad doesn't ever heat up even if i turn all the others off. The hot water tank is in the kitchen and the pump is under the floor in the living room.

I have read most of the messages relating to problems with central heating on this site and have tried many of the suggestions.

I shut off the inlet and outlet valves to take the rad off the wall but a small leak has now appeared just below the outlet valve. The water coming through is hot.

What do i do????

Sponsored Links
Is the leak in the pipe or is it the joint? If it's the joint undo it (carefully), put some jointing compound and do it up. If it's the pipe and the leak is small enough, you might get away with some internal leak sealer. If not, it's replace the pipe time, and it sounds like it's blocked anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back