One GB gone .. another soon?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Brown said:
.....we are on course to meet the inflation target of 2 per cent, not just this year, but next year and the year after that.....
Look out folks, this particular measure takes no account of 'local taxes' eg. Council Tax. A useful Euro inspired tool for NL.
I don't know if anyone else keeps a sharp eye on their own 'inflation' rate, I do (sad but true) Steady state running costs .. home bills, car, but excluding general spend .. effectively 'my' essentials, with no additions relative to last year projected to end of Jan ... 8.8% increase.
GB's basketful of items and services, monitored mean little to me then.

He has been riding an incredible spell of luck ... highlighted and rebutted constantly over last year .. bare faced or what, a good leader? or mere intellectual office boy?
:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
empip said:
He has been riding an incredible spell of luck ... highlighted and rebutted constantly over last year .. bare faced or what, a good leader? or mere intellectual office boy?
He just has been 'in the right place at the right time' for the last few years and his 'luck' ran out this year. But I'm not one to have a depression/recension talked to me by 'scare mongers'. Economy has it's ups and downs, and it's still going up only on a lesser steep curve. Don't you forget that :D

As long as house prices keep on rising we`re all laughing :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: P+O where dat go :?: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: We got ourselves a new working class.......the Chinese.now we`re all middle class :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Resurect Thatcher Rule ****ing Brittania

WoodYouLike said:
empip said:
He just has been 'in the right place at the right time' for the last few years and his 'luck' ran out this year. But I'm not one to have a depression/recension talked to me by 'scare mongers'. Economy has it's ups and downs, and it's still going up only on a lesser steep curve. Don't you forget that :D

Don't know how long you have been in UK, but we have had our bad times ... Building industry has had a few whacks, inevitably.
With property so high, I wonder how long it will take to dig our way out of the next recession .. People are spending, contractors are making ... trouble is, tis the banks may be taking the 'no payment' hit as borrowers hit the wall .... When a fall comes it may be larger than any of its predecessors.. due to property prices and the level of borrowing.

Sponsored Links
A) long enough to know that
B) UK is not alone in having (had) bad times (but we managed to 'escape' the downfall due to the Euro ;))
I'm a bookkeeper/'economist'/businessperson and know that all things have their 'seasons'. I do know where you going to with your remarks, but how many times must people be told to 'take precautions' for not so good times?
The level of borrowing is seemingly only going up, but on a different style now: more personal loans (cheaper) then hefty credit card debts. More and more people are being made aware that if you want a proper pension, take action (however small) now! And that action proces is beginning to start.
Due to inceased levels of wordwide communication (email/internet) the last 'depressions' or even 'crashes' have been much shorter than before.
That doesn't mean I see life through tainted glasses, just bit more of an optimist than most of the doom-thinkers and scrage mongers.

Back