Ongoing problems after delay in water supply pipe repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone! I've been having lots of problems with plumbing, drainage and electrics since having my leaking water supply pipe replaced 2 years ago next month. I reported the leaking supply pipe to my insurance company in the March and the pipe continued to run under my property until August when the repair was finally completed. I took photos of the water under the foundation and was constantly emailing insurance and water board to tell them I was worried about my foundations and was told I should keep the water on and not to worry. I now have collapsed toilet drain, bathroom gully and kitchen drain also leaking plumbing pipes. I am thinking this is due to the foundation sinking. What do the knowledgeable people on here think? I was told by the water board there was "plenty of room under the house for the leaking water to escape to". Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
It sounds plausible that the water has caused the damage. Varying factors, such as hardness, pressure, and of course the duration of time it’s been leaking. I would have thought that you as the homeowner is responsible for that pipe and your insurance company should have done more in my opinion. Keep on at them.

Yes the insurance company replaced the pipe as it was my pipe but they took 5 months to do so and I now have collapsed plumbing, sunken paths and cracks in the internal plaster on the walls.

Sponsored Links
Yes, apologies, I was getting a bit mixed up with you mentioning the water board. Down to the insurance company then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back