outside Socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting one of these Black waterproof outside sockets from TLC later this week

I would like all black and no neon, cant find that , although maybe a bit of black gaffa tape on the inside of the lid , which i have - not sure if that will be an annoying glow near the house

I cant find a BLACK T&E compression gland - so will use this
and the locking ring
side entry on the box

which may then go up to the wall , and silicone
But just trying to find a bit of trunking or conduit if i have to go a bit further away from the side entry

I have white already but not 100% sure on best connectors, which other half said will use chalk paint on
any advice as 100's of items on website and NOT sure what to look for to filter

Sponsored Links
I would like all black and no neon, cant find that , although maybe a bit of black gaffa tape on the inside of the lid , which i have - not sure if that will be an annoying glow near the house
Likely you can remove the neon wires to prevent them working.

Perhaps you could replace the socket.

I cant find a BLACK T&E compression gland - so will use this
and the locking ring
side entry on the box
But just trying to find a bit of trunking or conduit if i have to go a bit further away from the side entry

I have white already but not 100% sure on best connectors, which other half said will use chalk paint on
any advice as 100's of items on website and NOT sure what to look for to filter
Can you not feed the cable to the back of the socket from inside the house?

Can you not feed the cable to the back of the socket from inside the house?
no not able to which would be idea , I will have another look around and see i fi can repostion somehow - that was my first thought , but the bracket they are fitting will be in the way .

Perhaps you could replace the socket.
Had not crossed my mind - got a few of those i recently had a 10 pack - and just a normal double socket
thanks

the smoked plastic lid muffles the light, but you could put black tape or black paint on the inside of the lid to hide it.

Sponsored Links
@ericmark
as to gland for twin and earth why? Twin and earth not rated for outside use.
that was why I saying
BUT BLACK
the gland i was hoping will be right up against the wall , but cannot find a compression for T&E

BUT I found that screwfix & toolstation also have a black trunking /conduit glands

DETA TTE MALE CONDUIT ADAPTORS 20MM BLACK 2 PACK (351VT)
DETA TTE FEMALE CONDUIT ADAPTORS 20MM BLACK 2 PACK (907VT)
DETA TTE ROUND UPVC BLACK CONDUIT 20MM X 2M (712VT)

20mm Heavy Duty Round PVC Conduit 2m Black by Profix Product Code: 47063
PVC Conduit Male Adaptor 20mm Black by Profix Product Code: 41358

Yeah, If you are just comming out side wall and into the side of the socket, I'd just use a bit of black PVC conduit, drill the hole on the outside wall 20mm at least a little way into the brick and the conduit will slot into it a little way. If its only a tiny distance you are going (like 70MMish or less or so from the wall) As in, you are putting it as close as possible, but need to space it off a bit for the lid to open - then just align the hole in the wall with the entry on the socket box and have it going straight across. If you are going a reasonable distance, you will will need saddles and aim for the *edge* of the hole to be approx 1/8" off the wall you are fixing saddles into, then you'll need a spring and pull a set to get into the socket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back