OVAL FLOODLIGHT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm looking for a 500W floodlight I saw a while back in a catalogue.

It is oval, black, without pir, and a bit more sturdy looking than the usual, with two fixing screws for front cover, not one.

Any names, please??

Sponsored Links
close ?

failing that could you not get an oblong one, throw it at a wall, get an elephant to sit on it, hit it with a hammer, and weld some bits on (like that bloke does to get HIS car, tomake it look like the car he sees in a poster (peugeot i think)

The thing I don't understand about that advert is how as well as all that reshaping he manages to convert the car from RHD to LHD....

Sponsored Links
Anyway - wouldn't they have this sort of thing at The Oval?

fcslovanliberec1.jpg

Ban - it never fails to amaze me, the lengths you will go to to trawl images off the web for amusement value!

ban-all-sheds said:
The thing I don't understand about that advert is how as well as all that reshaping he manages to convert the car from RHD to LHD....

And there lies the gulf between skilled and DIY ... quickness of the hand deceives the eye ... especially when emptying your wallet !

;)

Does that mean I can nip over to Belgium (renowned for selling cars vary cheaply) and get a l/h/d 206 for 10 euros and get them to convert it?

Breezer - thanks. Close, but not close enough. This one is 500W and has two fixings for the glass cover, left and right, if you get my drift.

securespark said:
Does that mean I can nip over to Belgium (renowned for selling cars vary cheaply) and get a l/h/d 206 for 10 euros and get them to convert it?
Yes, but by the time you've paid for the hire of the elephant it might not work out any cheaper....

i don't think there is any law stopping you driveing a left hand drive car in the uk

i heard about a rich buisnisman in the uk with a false leg who had some nice cars and he got them all in left hand drive because he found right hand drive cars very hard to get into

No there isn't plug, but the insurance might be higher. You have to think about headlights (wrong beam pattern). You're also in the wrong position to judge overtaking manoevres.

securespark said:
No there isn't plug, but the insurance might be higher. You have to think about headlights (wrong beam pattern).
No reason why you couldn't replace the headlights. But even so, you're right, insurance is often higher, as insurance companies will grasp any opportunity to up their rates. It can still be worth it though. The Lotus Carlton was made in limited numbers here, but they made thousands of LHD Opel equivalents, and you can pick those up for a relative song.

You're also in the wrong position to judge overtaking manoevres.
Carry a passenger - if when you pull out they scream and try to climb out of your door take that as a sign to pull back in pronto.

Or buy a Lotus Omega, which goes like SOAS and needs much less room to overtake.

Or think about the driving you do - obviously it depends on your job and lifestyle etc, but 99.5% of mine is either around urban areas or on the motorway. In the former you can't usually overtake anyway, and on the latter LHD is no handicap.

ban-all-sheds said:
You're also in the wrong position to judge overtaking manoevres.
Carry a passenger - if when you pull out they scream and try to climb out of your door take that as a sign to pull back in pronto.
Hey, that's not a bad idea. I shall ask my put-me-down-type mother-in-law for a ride ! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back