Over flow drilled above fill valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to a tank were I need to swap the fill valve the over flow is higher then the full valve. I was going to put a part 2 on it but still won't have an air gap. Any one come across one poorly installed before.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG20240813193822.jpg
    IMG20240813193822.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG20240813192922.jpg
    IMG20240813192922.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 25
Sponsored Links
It's admittedly not ideal because the water in the tank will cover the fill valve before it overflows. But it'll still work as an overflow and stop water coming over the top of the tank, so it may not be worth doing anything about it.

Sponsored Links
It's admittedly not ideal because the water in the tank will cover the fill valve before it overflows. But it'll still work as an overflow and stop water coming over the top of the tank, so it may not be worth doing anything about it.
Thanks I may need to fit a new valve on it as not shutting off fully.

Do it right IMO - is it an F&E cistern?

Mains needs to be protected against backflow so the overflow defo needs to be below the fill valve. You may get away with enlarging the fill valve hole for the overflow and glue a plastic washer/piece of plastic and drill new hole to take the new fill valve in the overflow hole. Water shouldn't ever get to the fill valve anyway if the overflow is below it.

Worst case is plug up and drill a new hole as you suggest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back