Paint falling off

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
The paint in my parents kitchen is falling off the wall and I'm not 100% sure why. Last year there was a lot of mold growth on the interior block walls (ie not an exterior wall) and the paint was falling off the walls. I put this down to the fact my parents refuse to turn on the heating and use portable gas heater instead so when they are cooking the first cold wall moisture hits will be these walls thus causing condensation.

My father got some product from the local paint shop in a none labelled bottle but it smelled a lot like bleach and the drops the landed on my black jeans turned white. While my parents where away I painted the whole kitchen with this product and a few weeks later the room was repainted. Now one year later the paint is coming off the walls again but this time way more easily and falling like dust. I was able to take off a lot of the paint just using a kitchen brush.

Now I'm not sure why. Is it because before painting we didn't wash the walls down again or is it something else?

Original mold
1727471918652.png

1727471942910.png

Half and half view while paint this unknown product
1727472004501.png

Vs One year later
1727472080519.png

After I brushed the wall and used a scraper
1727472118759.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back