Painting a through living room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a bit of decorating advice please? Am in the process of renovating a 24ft x 12ft living/dining room and am intending to change fireplace surround and go for a much darker colour (possibly taupe) on the walls with white above the picture frame but being a big room wondering whether to break the colour up by painting alcoves, chimney breast or other walls opposite in a different colour? Would be very grateful for any input I have included a few pics of how it is at the moment thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_0704.jpeg
    IMG_0704.jpeg
    302.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0706.jpeg
    IMG_0706.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0707.jpeg
    IMG_0707.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
It's only paint. Try a first coat and see what you think.

Sponsored Links
There are some online sites whereby you can upload a photo and change the colours but I guess the quality, angle and lighting of the photo can effect how effective it works, for example it wouldn't separate the colour beneath the top and bottom of the dado in some areas eg but maybe more straight on photos would work better ....

test.jpg

Thank you for your reply haven’t decorated this room for absolutely years (as you can see by the magnolia!) I’ll have a look at the Dulux Web visualiser Thanks so much for your comment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back