Paper feature wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Wondered if you could help me with a few questions?

I've got a friend who's going to help me paper a feature wall (left and right hand sides of chimney) so I wanted to get everything prepared and ready.

1. Where's good for modern & quality wallpaper? I'm looking for some big printed paper or big flower prints etc. (I have a nice tall ceiling so should work well)
2. What paste and equipment do I need to buy/borrow ready to do the job?

Really appreciate any help & advice you can give,

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You'll need to look at whatever paper you buy carefully. It will state when the pattern repeats (think that's the correct term) From that, and by looking at it you will then have to calculate how many strips you need. But here's the catch; not all the strips can be cut sequentially from the roll(s)

You might find that you buy 5 rolls but only use 2.5 just to get the correct pattern match up from it. We recently had our feature wall done and used a Sanderson paper. They're worth looking at. To give you an idea we bought three rolls, used just over 2 and spent £102 just on paper.

Gotta say i've never had a paper with a repeat so big i couldn't get less than three drops from a roll (standard house skirting to coving).

If i was you i would buy paste the wall paper so you dont have to buy a pasting table. Use whichever paste the manufacturer recommends (read back of label). A simple google will give you plenty of choices for papers, good paper is heavy and has a really nice feel to it, cheap/poor is the opposite

I paste with a 4 or 5 inch brush, you'll also need a pair of wallpaper shears and a plumbline or long spirit level, bucket for clean water, sponge, sharp pencil and a brain ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back