Party cans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do folks remember when those massive beer cans were popular?

"We are going to a bit of a do and so like most folk we are taking a Party7 or a Party4!"
7 &/or 4 Pints of beer in one can.
Do they still make them these days?

Sponsored Links
IMG_6592.jpeg

And you don’t need a can opener…….

Sponsored Links
Brill - so folk still proudly carry them about then?

I went to a Stones concert at the old Wembley some years ago - early 90s. Bringing in your own booze was banned, but a bloke near us sneaked in two of the silver bags with taps, taken out of wine boxes. He tied them to the ends of a short length of string and hung them around his neck hidden under his coat.

He started consuming the wine in the bags at a rate of knots an hour or two before the concert started. After he had finished them he lay on the ground, then either went to sleep or passed out. He stayed like this the whole concert and everyone in the area tried to avoid stepping on him throughout. What was the point? :rolleyes:o_O

Yup the age old plastic bag liner in the wine box trick. Makes transport easier for a strart.
I know bloke who brought a half wine bagfull back from Oz instead of leaving it for his son as a partial thank you for putting him up for a few weeks.
They`d taken it in turns to by alternate boxes over the weeks and this one packed his half box (bag) in his suitcase because it was his because he had bought it !!! Tight Git

The thing is with those 5l things is that it works out cheaper to just buy normal cans or bottles. Also I have noticed with Hobgoblin the big cans and small cans are lower alcohol than the bottles. The bottles work out more but the small cans work out cheaper than the 1 big one.
In almost every case those big 5l cans work out more expensive than the normal cans.

Sponsored Links
Back