Patio door handle help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone offer advice on where I can get replacement door handles for our patio door. A Google brings up a Cego set but they have now been discontinued. Can anyone tell from the pictures and measurements what they could be replaced with?

IMG_1592.jpeg
IMG_1593.jpeg
IMG_1595.jpeg
IMG_1598.jpeg
IMG_1603.jpeg
IMG_1605.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Everything identical will be obsolete now, your critical size is the PZ measurement which looks like 43mm and can't be changed, fixing hole centres can be redrilled further apart if needs be but not closer together as you'll risk drilling into the locking mechanism gearbox

Everything identical will be obsolete now, your critical size is the PZ measurement which looks like 43mm and can't be changed, fixing hole centres can be redrilled further apart if needs be but not closer together as you'll risk drilling into the locking mechanism gearbox
Yep, obsolete. Can’t get one anywhere. The doors are at least 20 years old and I somehow ended up with a spare pair of handles when it was new which I saved. I used the inner one about 10 years ago for the same reason as I need one now so I only had an outer handle left which is of course, the wrong way round. With a great deal of butchery I managed to reverse it by un-peening the lever, cut a new keyhole for the Euro cylinder, cut another slot for the lock lever and re-peen the locking lever back in place. A cover hides my, ahem, work. It’s got me out of trouble for now. What I’m going to do is get the cracks in the faulty handle alloy welded and that should be a permanent fix. Phew!

IMG_5347.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back