How to drain a low-lying patio (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hello,

I'm laying a 35m2 patio, pavers, that will go over hardcore, sand and some pavement. See pic:

I need to add drainage but the problem I have is, the red squiggle on the right hand side of the picture is the only drain and that's where the house is.
I don't want to drain towards the house if possible. In addition, I will be ading a pergola which will have a pipe going to the drain, it will cover approx 12-15m2.

So my thinking is to have some sort of drainage system towards that little wall as I'd rather the water go there than towards the house.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Hello,

I'm laying a 35m2 patio, pavers, that will go over hardcore, sand and some pavement. See pic:

I need to add drainage but the problem I have is, the red squiggle on the right hand side of the picture is the only drain and that's where the house is.
I don't want to drain towards the house if possible. In addition, I will be ading a pergola which will have a pipe going to the drain, it will cover approx 12-15m2.

So my thinking is to have some sort of drainage system towards that little wall as I'd rather the water go there than towards the house.

Thoughts? Thanks!
I'd look at where the ground is falling naturally, and work it out from there. Now whether you fit Aco's or singular bottle gully, will be determined how you wish to collect the water. Areas with very modest falls or no obvious falls benefit from a run of Aco's.

Where is this storm draining to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back