Peugeot 107 overheating component issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I'm running a 2011 1.0 Peugeot 107 petrol and am noticing significant heat from the engine after very short runs. I've discovered the overheating component but am not sure what the part is and therefore which system the problem lies with.

I was just wondering if anyone might be able to tell me what the component I've marked on this image is at all please? Thanks everyone! All the best,

Wizard
IMG-20240715-WA0006.jpg

Sponsored Links
Catalytic converter. It’s supposed to get hot. Very hot. That’s how it works.

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate that it's meant to get hot especially if run well, but this thing is nuclear after a five mile drive, and unfortunately the exhaust on this 107 fell off within a few days of me buying it a couple of years back, so taken together I'm thinking that there might be an exhaust system fault leading to an overheat. I'll get it looked at just in case. Main reason I'm worried is I'm meant to drive up to Scotland from Wales in a couple of weeks and think it might sit down halfway up the M6!

Thanks again.

The converter is straight off the exhaust manifold....Exactly the best place for it to be.
Are your heat shields all in place?
John

Sponsored Links
Is there anything on the dashboard (temp gauge high, temp warninhg lights on etc) that shows an overheating problem. Overhating can be due to a few things like colling system, engine timing etc. You say it goes nuclear, is there any steam coming out of the radiator, pipes, coolant reservoir cap etc?

Back