pics from first job survry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

This is the CU and associated pieces, the service head is 1 inch off the floor, cannot find Earth from service head, thou there is a small piece of bare 4mm wire tucked behind the mounting board!!

MEB is 4mm!!!!

This switch

no earth, and cables are fabric coated

Any comments :?:

Sponsored Links
Whats the green wire going into a small 'henley' block directly below the left of the meter? Is that a main earth or does it go to the CU(s)?

I think a bit of rewiring is in order :LOL:

take more than 1 picture, no need for the tags

cant see if there is a wallace or not

It looks to me like it was originally a TN-S but the earth wire broke off or was removed at some point.

call the DNO and find out if they can provide an earth. If not then you will have to fit a rod and set up as a TT system.

Sponsored Links
Hi RF, yes that green wire has me some what confused! It just goes in there but that is it!!!!

Plugwash you better be taking the pee!!!

This house is surrounded by concrete, it is better fortified than colditz.

What about a nice bit of 16mm clamped to the armour :eek:

Note to self, contact DNO

Hi Breezer, will take more pics when I don't have to climb on top of mops and all.

Sorry about IMG tags!!!

Did you take any Ze/Zs readings? That would tell you if there was an attempt at an earth at least.

Hi Ban, knew you'd reply to that, no itention either. Have contacted YEDL they are coming to install an earth in 6 to 12 weeks!!!! :eek:

So unless I can find some sort of earth (first job test for Ze) then will be hammering in a temporary earth rod (as they suggested) can't believe it first real job and it contains just about everything!!!!!

Will have a real good look at incomer tomorrow and see if ther is the remains of one, is there anything I could do to reuse it on a temp basis BAZ?

CDO, no idea of meter age but it is also the same as mine!!

The house is 1930's so take your guess!!!

My house is 1920's!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back