Pipework when using a pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I haven't been on here for a while. I hope everyone is doing well.

I about but am about to pull out an old bathroom in a flat that needs renovating.

The water is fed from a tank next to the bathroom but being a flat is only at say 1.5m above floor level. The water pressure is p!55 poor.

The bathroom has a power shower which is ok. I plan to retain this but was thinking to better the bath and basin to install a pump (Salamandrin type) as long as I can get power to it.

If I do this do I just tap into the 20mm pipes currently serving the bath, reduce just before the pump and then come out the pump in 15mm and T to the bath and basin taps? I know bath taps are normally 20mm all the way through but does this become 15mm if via a pump?

Also I assume the WC stays on the mains.

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I need to get it done as quickly and cheaply as possible. At some point the entire flat is being ripped out and remodeled but not now so just looking for an easy win. If the pumps are an issue I will just leave it with the weak gravity feed.

I need to get it done as quickly and cheaply as possible. At some point the entire flat is being ripped out and remodeled but not now so just looking for an easy win. If the pumps are an issue I will just leave it with the weak gravity feed.
Cheap pump is an easy solution if that's what's needed. But best not add it inline with powershower.

Are you intending on selling?

Sponsored Links
Power shower will sit before the pump. Not sure if it has its own direct feed. Need to check.

It's a rental. Does that matter?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back