PIV system controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am after a PIV unit, however must seem to have controls on the main unit itself which means going into the loft to change settings.

Is there any units that have a remote control or settings be changed on the landing by removing the cover plate?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
PIV don't tend to come with a lot of controls, as they are designed to be a fit and forget solution - especially so in rented accomodation, where a landlord wouldn't want them fiddled with.
However, an on/off control to the mains supply would be simple to fit in an accessible location, and I am reminded of this thread...
where the Vent-Axia PIV has a (more or less undocumented) connector on the front that can be used to turn on the boost.

PIV don't tend to come with a lot of controls, as they are designed to be a fit and forget solution - especially so in rented accomodation, where a landlord wouldn't want them fiddled with.
However, an on/off control to the mains supply would be simple to fit in an accessible location, and I am reminded of this thread...
where the Vent-Axia PIV has a (more or less undocumented) connector on the front that can be used to turn on the boost.
I was referring to the speed settings / flow rate etc

Sponsored Links
I had this concern before I installed mine, genuinely doesn't need to be fiddled with at all after setting up

What are you concerned about, switching it off because of the heating element?

I installed mine by plug, I guess you could put it on a timer plug if you really wanted, but it cuts out at any below -5 and the heating element comes on at 5

One thing I'd say, the solar gain is really good if you install it by using the string. I actually think mines is quite economical given how it recycles warm air from my loft after its been blasted all day at around 6-9pm

I had this concern before I installed mine, genuinely doesn't need to be fiddled with at all after setting up

What are you concerned about, switching it off because of the heating element?

I installed mine by plug, I guess you could put it on a timer plug if you really wanted, but it cuts out at any below -5 and the heating element comes on at 5

One thing I'd say, the solar gain is really good if you install it by using the string. I actually think mines is quite economical given how it recycles warm air from my loft after its been blasted all day at around 6-9pm
Which brand do you have? The nuaire ones seem to have different speeds. Surely you would need a different speed for a large property compared to a small 2 bed house for example.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-10-02-23-15-11-148_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-10-02-23-15-11-148_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 4
You set the speed at at installation. Larger property = higher speed.
Exactly this, and then leave it alone for the next 5 years until the filters need changing.

If you get the unit with a heater, don't fit a time switch or any other electronic control to disconnect & reconnect the power supply; if the unit overheats it will shut down until the power is removed and reconnected. You wouldn't want that to happen whilst the house is unoccupied, as it could result in a fire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back