plasterboard sizes

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
9.5 & 12.5mm thick are most common but i believe you can also get 15mm and 19mm special orders. Running 2 layers of 12.5mm thick plasterboard isn't uncommon.
What thickness do you need? and where is it going?

if you double them up do you have to put first one on wall wait till it drys then put other on on top or is there a easier alternative

Static said:
Have you considered hiring in a proffessional?
its not me who is doin it is is a friend of a friend who is a plaster i have been had off a few times by cowboys before so just want to know the best way bud :D

philipcooper said:
Static said:
Have you considered hiring in a proffessional?
its not me who is doin it is is a friend of a friend who is a plaster i have been had off a few times by cowboys before so just want to know the best way bud :D

It might be easier if you explain why thickness is an issue ;)

because i have a gap behind my worktops and the units are touching on the bootom and not the top i dont want to un fit the kitchen and cut them and refit so i am goin for this option

Have you fixed the wall units aswell?you dont have to wait for the first skin to set you can dab straight on top. You might be better building up with strips of board rather than wasting any. Cut your boards first for where your gonna dab then what bits are left over use them for building up :LOL:

jbonding said:
Have you fixed the wall units aswell?you dont have to wait for the first skin to set you can dab straight on top. You might be better building up with strips of board rather than wasting any. Cut your boards first for where your gonna dab then what bits are left over use them for building up :LOL:
so once you have put the first on you can put second on straight awsy without waiting to dry.sorry for all question i am a amateur

philipcooper said:
jbonding said:
so once you have put the first on you can put second on straight awsy without waiting to dry.sorry for all question i am a amateur

yep ;)

jbonding said:
philipcooper said:
jbonding said:

yep ;)
all plasterboards nearly up now gap gone. nearly ready for skim.thanks alot for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back