Plastering wall and fireplace damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to take a fireplace back to brick which has suffered with damp due to a leak at the chimney which is being repaired. My question is how would you approach this. Basically the house has issues with condensation it’s a 1930s build bungalow, most rooms have some damp due to condensation. If I sand and cement render it and then skim with multi finish will this still cause condensation build up. I had a damp and timber report done and its findings showed condensation due to lack of air flow and lack heating from prev owner. Could I take it back to brick and dot and dab it as an option. Or is there a better way to allow repairs to breath Any and all opinions welcome.

Sponsored Links
Use limelite plaster. Use suitable paint not to seal it in..

Get a dehumidifier going. I think we all couldn't do with a dehumidifier although depends on lifestyle I guess.

Use limelite plaster. Use suitable paint not to seal it in..

Get a dehumidifier going. I think we all couldn't do with a dehumidifier although depends on lifestyle I guess.
So render with sand and cement onto the brick then limelite plaster instead of multi finish

Sponsored Links
No.
Limelite backing plaster and limelite finishing plaster over.
Then breathable emulsion suitable for painting over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back