Plastic pipe has no stopcock. How to fit one? (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My internal stop cock to turn the water off is leaking.
I have no main stop cock out side he building. Spoke to utility company and they refused to help. They did confirm hat in this house there is no main stop cock out side the building. They would not help.

I need to stop water coming from mains o repair my internal stop cock which has a leak.

The pipes are the plastic pipes that are connected from main to inside. Who should I contact to fix this and fit in stop cock out side my house please. Can this be done ? and what would be the approximate cost of this please.

Dev

Sponsored Links
Where is the internal stop valve leaking?

Sponsored Links
Spoke to utility company and they refused to help. They did confirm hat in this house there is no main stop cock out side the building. They would not help.
I'd say they could be just fobbing you off, quite rare not to have one these days, unless there's some real extenuating circumstances. Are you in a really old property or is the mains shared? How are you supposed to shut off the water if your mains tap seizes or bursts?

I'd be chasing them, get onto their complaints if you don't get anywhere.

The only other alternative would be to get someone in to freeze it (or hire one) but it would need to be a proper electric freezing machine to handle locking up a live mains with any real confidence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back